After intake of rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. After oral administration the maximum plasma concentration is reached within 1-3.5 hours. Plasma protein binding is 15-20%. Famotidine 30-35% metabolized in the liver (to form S-oxide). Elimination mainly takes place through the kidneys: 27-40% of the drug is excreted in the urine in unchanged form. The test e cycle, in patients with a creatinine clearance less than 30 mL / min is increased to 10-12 hours. It penetrates through the placental barrier and is excreted in breast milk.
– Peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer relapse prevention;
– Erosive gastroduodenitis;
– Functional dyspepsia associated with increased secretion;
– Symptomatic and stress ulcer gastrointestinal tract;
– Reflux esophagitis;
– prevention of recurrence associated with prolonged use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
– Zollinger-Ellison syndrome;
– Systemic mastocytosis;
– multiple endocrine adenomatosis,
. – Prevention of rebleeding in the postoperative period
– Prevention of gastric aspiration in patients who carried out the operation under general anesthesia (Mendelson’s syndrome);
– Prevention of aspiration pneumonitis;
– Dyspepsia with epigastric or retrosternal pain occurring at night or associated with food intake.
Pregnancy, lactation, hypersensitivity to famotidine or other blockers of H 2 histamine receptors, children’s age. Precautions: liver and / or kidney failure, cirrhosis with portosystemic encephalopathy (in history), immunodeficiency.
Pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation – the use of the test e cycle drug is contraindicated.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
The inside is not liquid, squeezed enough water. Adults: In gastric ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer in the acute phase, symptomatic ulcers, erosive gastroduodenitis usually administered 20 mg 2 times a day or but 40 mg of 1 times day at night. The daily dose can be increased to 80-160 mg if necessary. Course of treatment 4-8 weeks. When dyspepsia associated with increased secretion of the stomach , administered 20 mg 1-2 times a day. In order to prevent a recurrence of peptic ulcer appoint 20 mg 1 time a day at bedtime. When reflux esophagitis 20 -40 mg twice a day for 6-12 weeks. When syndrome Zollinger-Eshisona dose and duration of treatment is determined individually. The initial dose is typically 20 mg every 6 hours and can be increased to 160 mg every 6 hours. To prevent aspiration of gastric juice under general anesthesia administered to 40 mg in the evening and / or morning of surgery. Famotidine tablets should be swallowed with liquid, filling the sufficient amount of water. In renal failure if creatinine clearance less than 30 mL / min or creatinine content in serum of more than 3 mg / 100 ml, the daily dose should be reduced to 20 mg.
– Dry mouth, nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, bloating, constipation, diarrhea, appetite disorders;
– Increased activity of “liver” enzymes, hepatitis, acute pancreatitis;
– headache, dizziness, insomnia, anxiety, tinnitus ;
– Increased fatigue, drowsiness, depression, anxiety, psychosis,
– blurred vision, paresis of accommodation test e cycle;
– confusion, hallucinations, hyperthermia,
– bradycardia, arrhythmia, vasculitis, blood pressure, antrioventrikulyarnaya blockade;
– Muscle pain, joint pain,
– dry skin, alopecia, acne vulgaris, skin rash, itching, bronchospasm, angioedema, anaphylactic shock and other manifestations of hypersensitivity;
– Increasing the level of urea in the blood, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, pancytopenia, hypoplasia, bone marrow aplasia .
– Chronic administration of high doses – hyperprolactinemia, gynecomastia, amenorrhea, decreased libido, impotence.
Overdose Symptoms: vomiting, motor excitation, tremors, decreased blood pressure, tachycardia, collapse. Treatment: orally shows induction of vomiting and / or gastric lavage. Symptomatic and supportive therapy: in convulsions – in / diazepam; bradycardia – atropine; with ventricular arrhythmia – lidocaine. Hemodialysis is effective.
INTERACTION WITH OTHER DRUGS
increases the absorption of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid.
Compatible with 0.18 and 0.9% solution , 4, and 5% dextrose, 4.2% sodium bicarbonate solution.
In an application with antacids containing magnesium and aluminum, sucralfate occurs intensity reduction absorption of famotidine, so the interval between administration of these medications must be at least 1-2 hours.
As a result of raising of the stomach contents while receiving may decrease the absorption of ketoconazole and itraconazole.
drugs that suppress the bone marrow, increasing the risk of developing neutropenia.
Inhibits hepatic metabolism of diazepam , hexobarbital, propranolol, lidocaine, phenytoin, theophylline, anticoagulants.
Before treatment is necessary to exclude the possibility of malignant diseases of the esophagus, stomach or duodenum, as famotidine may mask the symptoms.
The symptoms of peptic ulcer disease 12 duodenal ulcer may disappear within 1-2 weeks, therapy should be continued for as long as no scarring confirmed by endoscopy or X-ray examination.
You will cancel famotidine gradually because of the risk of the syndrome of “rebound” at the abrupt cancellation.
with prolonged treatment in immunocompromised patients, as well as stress may be bacterial lesions of the stomach and then spread the infection. Famotidine (blocker of H 2 histamine receptors) should be taken within 2 hours after taking ketoconazole or itraconazole, in order to avoid a significant reduction in their intake.
It counteracts the effect of pentagastrin and histamine on acid-forming function of the stomach, so for 24 hours prior to the test, it is not recommended to use famotidine.
famotidine inhibits the skin reaction to histamine, thus leading to false-negative results (prior to diagnostic skin tests for the detection of allergic skin reactions immediate type use famotidine should stop).
During treatment should avoid eating food, drinks, etc.. test e cycle, which can cause . irritation of the gastric mucosa
The effectiveness of famotidine in inhibiting nocturnal acid secretion in the stomach may be reduced as a result of smoking.
Patients with burns may require increased doses of the drug due to the increased ground clearance.
When you miss a dose, it should be taken as soon as possible; do not take if it is time for your next dose; not double the dose. If no improvement is necessary to consult a doctor.